Don’t let that leftover turkey languish in the fridge when you can transform it into a mouthwatering masterpiece. Our leftover turkey pizza recipe is the answer to your post-holiday culinary conundrums. Imagine a golden, crispy crust, smothered with rich, melty cheese, and crowned with succulent turkey, fresh veggies, and an array of savory seasonings.
It all starts with the perfect pizza dough. While you can grab premade dough at the store for convenience, if you’re feeling a bit adventurous, you can whip up a homemade crust that will elevate your leftovers to gourmet status.
But the fun doesn’t stop with the crust! You can add your favorite toppings along with the turkey, but our recommendations include sautéd onions, peppers, mushrooms, and garlic with a tantalizing mix of olive oil and ranch dressing. Then, it’s time to assemble your masterpiece: turkey, olives, and a duo of cheeses to make your taste buds dance.
The result? A scrumptious, golden-brown, leftover turkey pizza that will make you savor every bite. Get ready to enjoy an incredible twist on your holiday remnants – it’s a pizza night you won’t soon forget!”
Prepare the Crust
If you have time, making pizza dough for the crust is not too difficult. However, if you want to keep your meal super simple, you can also purchase premade pizza dough at many grocery stores.
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1-1/2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups bread flour
To make the pizza dough:
- Dissolve the yeast in warm water in a large bowl. Check the directions on the package of yeast for the correct temperature for the water, and use a candy thermometer to ensure the temperature is as close as possible. The water temperature is critical to the ability of yeast to work correctly. Next, add the sugar and allow the mixture to sit for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the olive oil, pine nuts, basil, and a 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Add half of the bread flour and mix until smooth. Add the rest of the flour and mix until you form a soft dough.
- Lightly flour a flat surface. Knead the dough on the surface for about 5 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic.
- Place the ball of dough in a greased bowl. Flip it over once so all sides of the dough are greased. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place the ball in a warm (room temperature) location for about an hour to rise. The dough should double in size.
- Punch the dough down and allow it to rest for another 5 minutes.
- Stretch and shape the dough to fit on your pizza pan.
Assemble Your Turkey Leftover Pizza
Pizza is a great leftover meal because you can be as creative as you want with your toppings. We have our suggestions here, but of course, you can alter this to fit your taste and whatever you have in your pantry.
- Leftover turkey cut up into small pieces.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package ranch salad dressing mix
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 small can of sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Make your leftover turkey pizza:
- Saute the onion, peppers, mushroom, and garlic in a large skillet over medium heat using 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Once the onions and peppers soften, stir in the leftover turkey. Stir in the ranch dressing mix, salt, and pepper.
- Brush about 1 tablespoon of oil over the pizza dough.
- Add your turkey mixture.
- Top with olives and cheeses.
- Bake your pizza at 425F for 15 to 20 minutes. When the cheese is melted and the crust is golden brown, it’s done and ready to serve.
The Butcher Shop is your source for the healthiest, local ingredients.
Why purchase meat and produce from a grocery store that comes from who knows where? We have such excellent, fresh meat and produce available to us locally! The Butcher Shop is your one-stop shop for locally sourced meats and produce from farms right here in Southern Oregon. At TBS, you’ll find the perfect cut of meat for your meal, plus fresh-baked loaves of bread, fresh fruit and vegetables, local wine and beers, and even quality food specifically for your canine. Stop by today or call ahead to pre-order your ingredients.