Looking for a recipe that’s easy enough to get the kids involved in cooking but so delicious you’ll be craving leftovers? Cheesy Beef Noodle Goulash is a perfect choice for a cold winter day and requires very little preparation or work. This recipe uses an Instant Pot (you can use any of the brands of similar pressure cookers available), so you can have dinner on the table in about 45 minutes. Kids will have fun measuring the noodles and adding all the ingredients to the pot. Soon your family will be asking for Cheesy Beef Noodle Goulash all the time!
Ingredients for Cheesy Beef Noodle Goulash:
- 2 pounds of TBS lean ground beef (90% works well for this)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 medium sweet onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon pre-minced garlic
- 3 cups of beef broth
- 2 15-ounce cans of tomato sauce
- 2 15-ounce cans of diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon of oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 2 cups of cheddar cheese, shredded
- Sour cream, optional, for serving
- Heat the Instant Pot on the saute mode. When hot, saute the onion in the olive oil until they begin to turn translucent. Add the garlic and saute for another minute.
- Add the ground beef to the Instant pot. Use a wooden spoon to break up the ground beef. Add the Worcestershire sauce, Italian seasoning, oregano, salt, and pepper. Cook it until there is no remaining pink in the meat.
- Add one cup of beef broth and deglaze if needed.
- Add the remaining 2 cups of beef broth, tomato sauce, and diced tomatoes. Stir well.
- Add the uncooked elbow macaroni. Stir well.
- Add the bay leaves and push them down into the mixture.
- Add the lid and seal the Instant Pot according to the unit’s directions. Set to high pressure for one minute.
- When the contents are cooked, use quick release.
- Once the steam has been released, open the pot and stir the contents. Turn the keep warm function off. Stir in the cheddar cheese.
- Serve in bowls with a dollop of sour cream if desired.
Choose to buy the freshest meats at The Butcher Shop.
Why purchase meat and produce from a grocery store that comes from who knows where? We have such excellent, fresh meat and produce available to us locally! The Butcher Shop is your one-stop-shop for locally sourced meats and produce from farms right here in Southern Oregon. At TBS, you’ll find the perfect cut of meat for your meal, plus fresh-baked loaves of bread, fresh fruit and vegetables, local wine and beers, and even quality food specifically for your canine. Stop by today or call ahead to pre-order your ingredients.