Cool fall evenings are perfect for dinner parties and family gatherings. If you have an event coming up, you are likely looking for a recipe that will give you more time with your guests instead of keeping you in the kitchen. Here’s an easy recipe for a delicious prime rib roast that only takes a few minutes of your time to prepare. You’ll have lots of time to visit with family and friends while enjoying the aroma wafting from your oven.
Four easy ingredients:
- 1 TBS Bone-In Rib Roast (see below to determine how much roast you need)
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons of ground black pepper
- Sprigs of fresh rosemary
Directions for prime rib:
- Preheat the oven to 450° F.
- Rinse the rib roast, pat it dry with paper towels, and place it in a roasting pan. Allow the meat to sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes. This will help the meat cook more evenly.
- Cover the rib roast with salt and pepper. Flip the roast, so it is fat-side up in the roasting pan.
- Place rosemary springs around the roast.
- Roast at 450° F for 30 minutes.
- Reduce the temperature to 350° F and cook for another 15 minutes per pound to achieve a rare roast. Test the internal temperature of the middle of the meat and cook until it reaches the level of doneness to meet your preference:
- Medium rare: 110° F.
- Medium: 120° F.
- Medium-well: 130° F.
- Well: 140° F.
- Remove from the oven and cover with foil. Allow the roast to rest for at least 20 minutes before slicing it.
- Serve by slicing along the ribs and removing the bones. Slice the meat crossways across the grain. Serve on a platter with more fresh rosemary sprigs.
What size prime rib roast do you need?
Choose a prime rib roast based on the number of guests you will have for dinner. Here’s a quick chart.
|# of Guests||Pounds of Roast:|
Stop by The Butcher Shop for the Freshest Meats and Local Produce
Why purchase meat and produce from a grocery store that comes from who knows where? We have such excellent, fresh meat and produce available to us locally! The Butcher Shop is your one-stop-shop for locally sourced meats and produce from farms right here in Southern Oregon. At TBS, you’ll find the perfect cut of meat for your meal, plus fresh-baked loaves of bread, fresh fruit and vegetables, local wine and beers, and even quality food specifically for your canine. Stop by today or call ahead to pre-order your ingredients.