Looking for something easy to make that goes well with anything from a football game to a candlelight dinner? Cheesy spinach stuffed chicken breasts are quick to prepare and can be served with green beans, mashed potatoes, or even tater tots. The key to keeping this recipe simple is to pound out the chicken breasts–they will cook much more quickly that way.
Ingredients for cheesy spinach stuffed chicken breasts:
- 4 TBS boneless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 10-ounce package of frozen, chopped spinach.
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces of cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Thaw the spinach and squeeze out all of the liquid.
- Set out the cream cheese and allow it to warm up to room temperature.
- Pound out the chicken breasts. Cover a chopping board with plastic wrap. Place one of the breasts on the surface and cover with another piece of plastic wrap. Use a meat mallet to pound them to thin them a little.
- Butterfly each breast. Place the chicken breast on a flat surface. Carefully hold the breast flat with you hand and slice ¾ of the way into the breast with a sharp knife.
- Heat olive oil in a deep skillet of medium heat.
- Cook the chicken breasts for about 7 minutes on each side. They should be golden brown and crispy with an internal temperature of 165°F. Remove the frying pan from the heat.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the spinach, cream cheese, mayonnaise, parmesan, chives, and garlic. Place the bowl in the microwave for about 15 seconds–just enough to warm it slightly but not melt it.
- Spoon ¼ of the cheese mixture into each of the chicken breasts.
- Heat the skillet over low. When hot, place the chicken breasts back into the skillet and cover with a lid. Heat for 5 to 7 minutes until the cream cheese mixture begins to melt.
- Remove from the skillet and serve immediately.
Stop by The Butcher Shop for the Freshest Meats and Local Produce
Why purchase meat and produce from a grocery store that comes from who knows where? We have such excellent, fresh meat and produce available to us locally! The Butcher Shop is your one-stop-shop for locally sourced meats and produce from farms right here in Southern Oregon. At TBS, you’ll find the perfect cut of meat for your meal, plus fresh-baked loaves of bread, fresh fruit and vegetables, local wine and beers, and even quality food specifically for your canine. Stop by today or call ahead to pre-order your ingredients.