Breakfast, lunch, and dinner, sausages can complement any dish and elevate it to a higher category in the savory department. Here at The Butcher Shop, we carry a large variety of sausages for any meal, but breakfast and sausage go hand in hand. Egg and sausage are considered to be a very typical American breakfast and this recipe is a slightly different, easy-to-make, ready-to-take on-the-go variation of breakfast cups.
The act of utilizing muffin tins for things other than muffins has grown increasingly popular due to the single-serving nature the tins provide. Breakfast cups are a very versatile meal, and while this recipe calls for some specific ingredients, the only two you need are sausage and eggs. Feel free to add or remove anything you want to this recipe to make your breakfast cups ideal for you.
Breakfast Cups Ingredients
- 4 oz. TBS Sausage of your choice
- ½ green bell pepper, chopped
- ¼ onion, chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can sliced mushrooms, drained
- ½ c. cheddar cheese, shredded.
Breakfast Cups Directions
- Preheat an oven to 350 and spray a muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray or use cupcake liners.
- In a pan over medium to high heat, cook the sausage, pepper, and onion until the sausage is thoroughly cooked.
- Add the mixture into a bowl and allow to cool slightly then stir in the eggs and mushrooms.
- Add the mixture evenly into the prepared muffin tin.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 20 minutes or until the eggs are set.
Stop by The Butcher Shop for the Freshest Meats and Local Produce
Why purchase meat and produce from a grocery store that comes from who knows where? We have such excellent, fresh meat and produce available to us locally! The Butcher Shop is your one-stop-shop for locally sourced meats and produce from farms right here in Southern Oregon. At TBS, you’ll find the perfect cut of meat for your meal, plus fresh-baked loaves of bread, fresh fruit and vegetables, local wine and beers, and even quality food specifically for your canine. Stop by today or call ahead to pre-order your ingredients.