Tonight Prepare Quick and Easy Oregon Peach Glazed Chicken Thighs
Did you know peaches are the most popular summer fruit at U-pick orchards and roadside stands in the state of Oregon? Oregon peaches are bountiful because of our mild, wet winters followed by heavy rainfall in the spring season. Add an extremely dry July and August, and you have the perfect recipe for growing delicious peaches!
There are only a few months each year where these peaches are at their peak, so it’s best to enjoy them every way possible while you can! Here’s a quick and easy dinner recipe featuring Oregon peach glazed chicken thighs.
- 1 pound TBS boneless skinless chicken thighs (you can substitute chicken breasts if you prefer).
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup sweet onion, chopped
- ½ teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 3 medium fresh, ripe peaches
Directions For Oregon Peach Glazed Chicken Thighs:
- In a bowl, mix together the brown sugar, vinegar, mustard, and ¼ teaspoon salt. Set aside.
- Slice your peaches and set them aside. If the skins are thick or tough, you may want to peel them.
- Heat a skillet over medium and add one tablespoon of olive oil. Season both sides of the chicken with ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Place the chicken in the pan and cook each side for about 7 minutes. The chicken thighs should be lightly browned and fully cooked through (165℉). Set aside and cover with foil to retain heat.
- Continue using the same skillet without cleaning it. Add another tablespoon of olive oil and saute the onions with the rosemary. Once the onions have browned, add the mixture to your bowl and the peaches. Cook for about 12 minutes until the peaches have softened.
- Place the chicken back into the skillet and heat until the chicken has warmed through.
- Serve on a plate with the peach sauce covering the chicken.
One of the best parts of living in Oregon is having access to fresh and delicious meats and produce. That’s why The Butcher Shop always carries locally sourced meats and produce from farms right here in Southern Oregon. At TBS, you’ll find the perfect cut of meat for your meal, plus fresh-baked loaves of bread, fresh fruit and vegetables, local wine and beers, and even quality food specifically for your canine. Stop by today or call ahead to pre-order your ingredients.