Stuffed Chicken Breast with Feta Cheese and Dried Fruit
After a series of delicious barbeque dinners, sometimes you just want something savory and comforting as a change of pace. This roasted stuffed chicken breast with feta cheese and dried fruit are destined to fill that craving. Pair with your favorite Chardonnay and enjoy a relaxing dinner with friends and family.
- 4 TBS boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 TBS thick bacon slices
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup dates pitted and coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup dried apricots, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh feta cheese, crumbled
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350℉.
- Saute the onion in a small skillet over medium heat with the butter. Set aside to cool.
- Finely chop the dates and apricots using a food processor. Add parsley, thyme, and the onions; pulse briefly to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to a small bowl and gently mix in the feta cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken breasts on a cutting board. Use a thin, sharp knife to slice a pocket into the thicker side of the chicken breast. Slice about 3 inches into the breast but be careful not to cut all the way through. Stuff the pocket with the mixture, spreading it evenly throughout the chicken.
- Wrap a slice of bacon crosswise around each chicken breast. This will help keep your stuffing from oozing out during baking. Tie the breast and secure the bacon slice with kitchen string or butcher’s twine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the oil to a large skillet over medium heat. When the oil is hot, place two of the chicken breasts in the skillet and sear until lightly browned (3 to 4 minutes per side.) Transfer to a baking sheet and repeat for the remaining two breasts.
- Bake until the chicken is fully cooked–12 to 15 minutes, turning once about halfway through.
- Remove from the oven, discard the string, and serve immediately.
Serve with your favorite side dishes such as farm-fresh green beans, asparagus, or mashed potatoes.
Get the freshest ingredients from The Butcher Shop.
We know preparing healthy meals for your family is essential. That’s why The Butcher Shop always carries locally sourced meats and produce from farms right here in Southern Oregon. At TBS, you’ll find the perfect cut of meat for your meal, plus fresh-baked bread, fresh fruit and vegetables, local wine and beers, and even quality food, especially for your canine. So stop by today.