Make Father’s Day Special with Beer Bottle Stuffed Burgers
Treat that special dad in your life to his favorite bottle of beer and mouthwatering burger this Father’s Day. This is one burger he won’t ever forget! Come by The Butcher Shop to select the finest locally sourced meats and vegetables for your dinner. Our meats are natural, non-GMO, and free-range sourced from local farmers here in Southern Oregon. We can help you put the perfect meal on your dinner table.
This recipe makes 4 beer bottle stuffed burgers.
- 2 pounds TBS ground beef.
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 bottle of beer (wash the exterior of the beer bottle)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 slices of bacon
- 4 big, sturdy burger buns
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 pieces iceberg lettuce
- 2 cups cubed sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 jalapeno, sliced (and seeded for a milder taste)
- 1 bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 4 slices of provolone cheese
- Heat barbeque grill to medium.
- Prepare the burger patty bowls. Place ground beef into a large mixing bowl. Mix in Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder. Roll beef into ½ pound balls and place on a cutting board. Set the clean beer bottle into the meat and shape each ball into a bowl shape around the bottom of the bottle. Gently twist and pull the beer bottle out of the meat. Season each bowl with salt and pepper to taste.
- Wrap two slices of TBS bacon around each of the bowls. Secure with toothpicks if needed.
- Stuff the burger patty bowls. Fill the bowls with the cheddar cheese and jalapenos OR fill with the bell peppers and onion, and then top with American, Provolone, or Havarti cheese.
- Grill the burger patty bowls on indirect heat. Grill until the burgers are cooked. Medium will take about 30 minutes.
- Serve on buns with lettuce, tomato, or any other favorite burger toppings.
Serve the burgers with your favorite sides, such as french fries, potato salad, or baked beans. And, of course, make sure dad has his favorite beer to wash the burger down. Keep your camera ready, because eating this burger will be picturesque!