Transform a Popular Side Dish into a Delicious Meal with Pulled Pork Mac and Cheese
Warm and melty cheese just seems to bring us comfort on those cold, gray, and rainy winter days. Here’s an easy way to make a traditional mac and cheese dish even more hearty and delicious, pulled pork and mac and cheese.
Plus, did you know you can purchase smoked pulled pork directly from The Butcher Shop? Our meats are cooked “low and slow” in a smoker for 16 to 18 hours—making the meat deliciously filled with flavor. Choose any of our slow-roasted flavors: natural (just smoked); salt, pepper & garlic; southwest; chipotle; barbeque; or apple.
- 1 to 1 ½ cups of your favorite TBH smoked pulled pork
- Your choice of barbeque sauce
- 4 cups milk
- 12 ounces elbow macaroni
- 3 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cut in pieces
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- Optional: 3 sliced scallions for topping
- Bring the noodles and milk to a boil over medium heat. Stir frequently and allow it to cook for 4 to 5 minutes until the noodles are soft and the milk becomes creamy. Be careful the milk does not overheat or boil over.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cheeses, butter, mustard, cayenne, and salt.
- Stir in half of the pulled pork.
- Serve in a pasta dish with the remaining pork spooned on top. Add sliced scallions for additional flavor. Drizzle with barbeque sauce.
Stop by our shop in Eagle Point or give us a call at 541-830-3369 to preorder the ingredients for your dinner! See how much better your meals taste, like this pulled pork and mac and cheese dish with locally sourced meat and farm-fresh produce from The Butcher Shop.