Skirt Steak Ingredients
- Skirt steak, 2 lbs.
- Oil, avocado or Canola, 1/3 cup
- Steak sauce, gluten-free, 2 tbsp
- Sherry, dry, 2 tbsp
- Vinegar, wine, red, 2 tbsp
- Worcestershire sauce, 2 tsp
- Salt, seasoning, 1 tsp
Directions for Grilling Skirt Steak
- Transfer your skirt steak into either a large resealable bag or a glass baking tray.
- Use a bowl to whisk the oil, steak sauce, sherry, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce into an even mixture that will serve as the marinade for the steak.
- Pour the marinade over the steak, making sure to coat every side. This is slightly easier if you choose to use a resealable bag because then you can simply toss it around.
- Leave your skirt steak to marinate in your refrigerator for either 6-8 hours or a full overnight session. Know that the taste will grow stronger the longer that you leave the meat to marinate
- Once you are ready to cook, preheat your grill to 500°F and dispose of the remaining marinade.
- Clean and lubricate your grates and lay the steak over the hot part of the grill.
- Give the steak a good sprinkling of seasoning salt.
- Grill each side of the steak for 3-4 minutes, just long enough for its internal temperature to hit the range of 130°F to 135°F.
- Once the steak is properly cooked, leave it to rest on a platter for 10-15 minutes.
- After the steak has rested for a sufficient amount of time, use your knife skills to thinly slice it against the grain.
If this grilled skirt steak recipe sounds at all appealing to your taste buds and your skills in the kitchen, you may get so excited to make this recipe that you discover you are short a few ingredients. Fortunately, the Butcher Shop can sell you all off the meat and vegetables you could need for this dish and any others you may have been itching to try.