For those who have been isolated and are looking for some new grill ideas/recipes that have a spring comfort feel here are a couple of ideas we think you might like!!
Grilled Lobster with Lime-Bay Butter-
3 fresh lobsters
½ c. butter
¼ c. fresh lime juice
½ tsp. Crushed Bay Leaf
¼ tsp. ground black pepper
¼ tsp. salt
Lime wedges (optional)
Bay leaves (optional)
1.Bring 3 inches of water in an 8-quart saucepan to boiling over high heat. Add lobsters to the pan, cover, and cook 10 minutes. Remove lobsters from the saucepan and let cool.
2. Heat grill to medium heat. In a 1-quart saucepan, heat butter, lime juice, bay leaf, black pepper, and salt over low heat for 10 minutes.
3. When lobsters are cool to the touch, cut in half lengthwise and brush cut side with lime-bay butter. Place lobsters, cut-side down, on the grill about 4 inches from heat source. Cook 5 minutes. Carefully turn lobsters over, brush with butter, and continue grilling until lobster meat is cooked through — about 5 minutes longer.
4. Transfer lobsters to a serving plate and garnish with lime wedges and bay leaves, if desired. Serve one-half lobster per person.
Coffee and Brown Sugar-Crusted Skirt Steak-
1/4 c. finely ground espresso coffee (not instant)
1/4 c. dark brown sugar, firmly packed
1 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp. ground ginger
1/8 tsp. ground white pepper
1/8 tsp. five-spice powder
Pinch cayenne pepper
2 1/2 lb. skirt steak, cut into 4 pieces
1 tbsp. olive oil
1. Heat grill to high.
2. Combine coffee, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger, white pepper, five-spice powder, and cayenne pepper in a bowl.
3. Remove steak from refrigerator and let come to room temperature, about 15 minutes. Rub steak with oil, and sprinkle with the rub. Massage rub into meat.
4. Grill until charred and medium-rare, 2 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board, cover with foil, and let rest 5 minutes before thinly slicing at an angle. Serve immediately.
This spice mix is a great go-to rub for the grill – it tastes equally great on pork chops, rack of lamb, and a filet of salmon.