Spice Up Your Summer BBQ with Grilled Meatloaf
Meatloaf doesn’t have to be your basic oven-baked dinner. With a few non-traditional ingredients and a hot grill, you have the perfect makings for a grilled meatloaf dinner to be enjoyed on the back deck. Add grilled corn on the cob or barbeque baked beans, and get ready for a relaxing meal with friends and family.
Remember, The Butcher Shop is the place to go to purchase locally sourced meats and fresh produce. Our meats are natural, non-GMO, and free-range products sourced from local farmers. And, our sausages are made in-house. When you want the best for your family, visit us at TBS.
- 1 pound TBS ground beef (not too lean).
- ½ pound TBS ground mild Italian sausage
- ¼ cup green onions, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup milk
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Your choice of spicy barbeque sauce
- Cooking spray
- Preheat your gas grill to medium or get your charcoal briquets going.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Mix ingredients thoroughly.
- Place the mixture onto a sprayed 8×8 grilling pan and shape the meat into a loaf. Your pan should have sides, so the cooking juices from the mixture don’t spill into your grill. Make sure there is at least 1/2 inch between the edges of your loaf and the edges of the pan.
- Cover and grill for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the grill and pour 1 cup of barbeque sauce over the meatloaf. Return it to the covered grill until the loaf is firm and the sauce begins to bubble. This will take about 30 minutes.
- Remove the loaf from the grill and allow it to rest for at least 10 minutes.
- Transfer your loaf from the pan to a platter or cutting board. Serve slices with additional barbeque sauce to taste.