Scrumptious Shrimp Tacos
Busy summer days filled with sunshine create the perfect backdrop for fresh seafood. Preparing these simple and delicious shrimp tacos won’t take valuable time away from activities with friends and family.
Ingredients for the Shrimp:
- 1 pound medium or large shrimp from TBS, peeled, deveined, and with the tails removed.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 limes
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 2 avocados
- 8 corn tortillas
Ingredients for the Cilantro Lime Sauce
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ bunch fresh cilantro
- ½ jalapeno seeded and halved lengthwise
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the shrimp and pat them dry. Toss the shrimp in a large bowl with the taco seasoning and 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Marinate the shrimp for at least 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet. Place the shrimp in the skillet as a single layer and cook just until they turn pink. Make sure to turn them over once, halfway through the process.
- Remove the skillet from heat and squeeze the fresh lime juice onto the shrimp. Set aside.
Prepare the Cilantro Lime Sauce:
- Zest and juice the lime. You should have about 3 tablespoons of juice and ½ teaspoon of zest.
- Add the lime juice, zest, garlic, cilantro, half of the jalapeno, and mayonnaise. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pulse the mixture until smooth, and then blend in the sour cream.
Optional Preparation for corn tortillas:
If desired, warm up the corn tortillas by heating them for a few minutes on a grill.
Finally, construct your tacos with shrimp, cabbage, and sliced avocados. Drizzle each with the cilantro lime sauce. Serve with grilled corn on the cob, cucumber salad, or another favorite side dish.
Get the best ingredients for your summertime meals at The Butcher Shop!
We receive ocean-fresh seafood shipments on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. When you bring home seafood from TBS, you can rest assured it will go from being caught to served on your plate within 24 hours. Along with seafood and meat, TBS is your source for locally grown produce, fresh bakery items, and other specialty grocery items. Stop by today and see what’s in store for your best meals!