Use Prime Rib Leftovers to Make a Delicious Beef Stroganoff
When it comes to mouth-watering meals suited for cold winter days, beef stroganoff is on the top of the list. With Russian heritage, beef stroganoff or бефстроганов, is a hearty dish made with sautéed beef served in a rich sour cream-based sauce. What you may not have known is that leftover prime rib can be used for this recipe to create a fast and easy cold-weather dinner.
- 8 ounces of egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot – minced
- ½ tablespoon garlic – minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ½ teaspoon tarragon
- ½ teaspoon ground sage
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup mushrooms (baby portabella recommended, but use what you have) – stemmed and sliced
- 1 ½ cups beef both
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tablespoon Dijon mustard
- About a cup of leftover prime rib roast sliced into strips
- ¼ cup sour cream
- Prepare your egg noodles according to the directions on the package. Set aside.
- Add the olive oil to a deep skillet or Dutch oven. Sauté the shallot and garlic over medium heat for about 1 minute.
- Add the butter and melt.
- Add the flour and combine until all liquid is absorbed. Stir in the tarragon, sage, thyme, salt, pepper and mushrooms.
- Add beef broth, Worcestershire sauce and Dijon mustard. Stir all ingredients together and then reduce heat to a low simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Once the gravy has thickened, add the prime rib. Cook for 2-3 minutes to warm the meat.
- Remove from heat and add the sour cream.
- Serve immediately over the prepared egg noodles.
Run out of leftovers? It’s time to stop by The Butcher Shop!
Come back and see us after you’ve finished off your holiday leftovers to plan your next meals! Just give us a call at 541-830-3369 or stop by in person to choose the best locally sourced meats and seafood for your family.