In an effort to present something that is both exciting and delicious, we present a recipe for grilled chili lime steak tacos. Perfect for summer grilling and your family and friends will love you.
The Best Recipe for Grilled Steak Tacos
- Flank steak, 1.5 lbs
- Lime juice, taken from 2 large limes
- Lime zest, taken from 1 large lime
- Salt, kosher, 2 tsp
- Pepper, black, 1/2 tsp
- Sugar, granulated, 1 tsp
- Powder, chili, 1/2 tsp
- Cumin, 1/2 tsp
- Paprika, 1/2 tsp
- Powder, garlic, 1/2 tsp
- Oregano, dried, 1/2 tsp
- Cinnamon, ground, 1/8 tsp
- Olive oil
- Tortillas, corn
- Onion, red, small, chopped, half
- Avocado, large, sliced, 1
- Queso fresco, 1/3 cup
- Cilantro, chopped
- Lime wedges
Directions to Make Our Favorite Grilled Steak Tacos
- Place the steak in a 9×13 pan and drench it with your lime juice. Allow the uice to marinate the meat for half an hour, at room temperature.
- Blend the lime zest and all of the dry ingredients into a small bowl.
- Smear both sides of the steak with your zesty spice blend, using your fingers to help keep it sticking to the meat.
- Preheat your grill to high heat.
- Take a paper towel, give it a light coating of olive oil, grip the oiled paper with your grill tongs and run it along the grill rack.
- Place the steak directly onto your oiled grill and cook each side for 5 minutes.
- Remove the steak from the grill after both sides have cooked and transfer it to a cutting board.
- Completely cover the steak with aluminum foil and give it 10 minutes to rest.
- As the steak rests, warm your tortillas up by either leaving them on the grill or giving them a slight char with a gas flame.
- Cut the steak like a fajita, going for strips cut against the grain.
- Place your strips of steak into your corn tortillas and then top them with the onion, avocado, cilantro, and cheese. Feel free to give each tortilla a squeeze of lime juice or leave that up to each person you are serving.
- Serve while warm and enjoy.!
Hopefully this recipe seems easy and appetizing enough for you and the people you know. If your pantry seems a bit lacking in some of the ingredients, know that The Butcher Shop has got you covered. We specialize in offering every fresh fruit, vegetable and cut of meat that you could ever need.