Why Lamb Kebabs?
A better question is “why not?” Not only do you have an easy dish with tons of flavor in every serving, but you also have a grilled lamb kebabs recipe that can be easily expanded to cover large groups like weddings and parties. The only real challenge when serving these at large gatherings is having enough skewers to go around. If you want to taste true deliciousness, give this recipe grilled lamb kebabs recipe a try.
The Best Grilled Lamb Kebabs You Will Ever Eat
Ingredients for the Meat
- Skewers, bamboo
- Lamb, 2 lbs, cut into 2″ pieces. (A leg of lamb should have enough meat for four servings)
Ingredients for the Marinade
- Cloves, garlic, minced, 3-4
- Oregano, fresh, 1 tbsp, finely chopped
- Thyme, fresh, 1 tbsp, finely chopped
- Rosemary, fresh, 1 tbsp, finely chopped
- Juice, lemon, fresh-squeezed, 1/2 cup
- Oil, olive, 1/2 cup
- Salt, kosher, 1/2 tsp
- Pepper, black, fresh-ground, 1/4 tsp
Ingredients for the Garlic Aioli
- Cloves, garlic, 12, peeled
- Egg yolks, 2
- Mustard, Dijon, 1 tsp
- Salt, sea, 1/4 tsp
- Pepper, white, pinch
- Oil, olive or vegetable, 1 cup
- Soak the skewers in water for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Ready a charcoal grill.
- Deposit the marinade’s garlic, herbs, lemon juice, oil, salt, and pepper within an 8×8 dish and whisk until everything is evenly blended.
- Add the lamb chunks to the mixture and toss them around until you have completely coated them in the marinade.
- Move the marinating lamb into the fridge for half an hour.
- Thread the meat through the skewers, brush with a bit more olive oil and move them the skewers over to the hot grill.
- Cook the skewers on one side for 5 minutes and then give them a turn. Repeat this process until the lamb is cooked how you like it; medium-rare should take between 12 and 15 minutes.
- To make the garlic aioli, put your garlic into a food processor and run it until you have a fine mince.
- Add all of the remaining aioli ingredients but the oil to the processor and allow it to run for half a minute.
- While the motor is still going, ease the oil into the mixture. As the mixture thickens, add the oil faster and faster until it is fully blended into an emulsion.
- Pour the aioli into little vessels or offer a spoon for people to dollop it onto their plates.
If all of these ingredients seem like a chore to buy, The Butcher Shop can hook you with up everything listed. Feel free to check them out and see for yourself.